- Be a born-again Christian displaying evidence of good moral character and dedicated Christian life and be in sympathy with the doctrinal statement of APTS.
- Demonstrate a genuine calling and commitment to ministry.
- Be recommended by five character references. If the applicant is a credentialed minister, at least one reference must be from a national denominational leader.
- Be at least 23 years of age.
- If applicant is less than 30 years of age, have at least two years of significant ministerial leadership experience (M.A. applicants only).
- Pass a required entrance examination in English. Students should take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS in their own country and have the results sent to APTS. The minimum score for provisional acceptance is 480 on the TOEFL or 4.5-5.0 on IELTS. A written composition will also be required. Those who cannot take either of these tests must take the APTS Proficiency Test before coming to the resident campus. Arrangements for this are made through the Registrar's Office. The minimum score for full matriculation is an average of 510 on the TOEFL. Students scoring from 480-510 may be admitted provisionally with a requirement to study English (See English Language Program). Students who take the English test off campus will be asked to repeat the test for confirmation and placement after they arrive on campus. Please see sample English test below:
L-4 Listening Part A
L-4 Listening Part B
L-4 Section 2 - Structure Part A
L-4 Section 2 - Written Expression Part B
L-4 Script - Listening Part A
L-4 Script - Listening Part B
- Hold a B.A. or equivalent degree from an institution with recognized accreditation and have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 (C+/B-) on a 4-point scale. (Note: for applicants to the Graduate Certificate Program, the required GPA is 2.3). Degrees from non-accredited institutions will be evaluated by the admissions committee for acceptability, as with the academic background of students who may lack a B.A. but possess the equivalent in formal academic study (usually at least 124 credit hours including a concentration [major] in an applicable field of study).
- Submit all items listed under "Application Procedure."
- Meet any admission requirements stated for a specific degree program in addition to the general admission requirements.
- Produce evidence of adequate prearranged financial support for his/her studies at APTS.
(Master of Theology(M.Th.), Doctor of Ministry(D. Min.))
Admission Requirements :
- Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent with a minimum grade point average of "B" from an accredited school.
- Minimum of three years active full-time ministry experience after M.Div.
- English Proficiency: TOEFL or APTS English Proficiency Test score of 550.
For Admissions related inquiries, please contact the Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Back To Top ]