Lora Angeline Embudo-Timenia
FACULTY DEV. PROGRAM/REGULAR FACULTY (Resident)
Teaching Areas: Advanced Academic Writing, Pentecostal/Charismatic Studies
Doing MTh. Studies, Asia Pacific Theological Seminary, Baguio City, PH
MDiv., Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries,Makati City, PH (2014)
Philippine Registered Nurse, Licensure (2008)
B.S. Nursing, Ateneo de Davao University (2008)
Prior to APTS, Lora served as a youth and student ministry worker at her home church, Holy Ground Family Fellowship in Davao City, Philippines from 2008-2010. She was co-founder and administrator of a street-children ministry called “Love in Full Expression” in Makati City from 2012-2013. Post M. Div., she returned to her home church and served as an associate pastor and School of Ministry teacher. In 2015, she moved to Asia Pacific Theological Seminary (APTS) for her post-graduate studies, while simultaneously beginning her teaching ministry at Bethel Bible College of the Assemblies of God (BBCAG). Currently, she teaches at APTS, BBCAG, and Cambodia School of Missions (CSM). She is a licensed minister with the Philippine General Council of the Assemblies of God.
|Areas of Research Interest, Writings and Teaching
Lora is currently researching on the Spirit-Empowered Movements in the Philippines, focusing mainly on the different Signs and Wonders theologies within the Filipino Pentecostal/Charismatic Movements. Her main interest is on producing academic literature for educating next generation Pentecostal ministers in the Philippines, and in the Asia Pacific. She is also interested in Lukan Theology and has written and presented papers on the said topic.
- "Pentecostal Spirituality in the 21st Century" Presented at the Daniel Tappeiner Lectureship, Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries, Makati City, Philippines, 2013.
- "Jesus as the Paradigm of Witness." Presented at the Daniel Tappeiner Lectureship, Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries, Makati City, Philippines, 2014.
- "A Lukan Paradigm of Witness: Community as Witness: Part I" Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies, Vol. 20, No. 1 (2017): 7-18.
- "A Lukan Paradigm of Witness: Community as Witness: Part II" Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies, Vol. 20, No. 1 (2017): 19-35.
- "Women vis-à-vis Prophecy in Luke-Acts: Part I" Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies, Vol. 20, No. 2 (2017): 111-130.
- "Women vis-à-vis Prophecy in Luke-Acts: Part II" Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies, Vol. 20, No. 2 (2017): 131-146.
- "Community as Witness: A Sociology of Conversion Approach." Presented at the Australia and New Zealand Association of Theological Schools Conference in Adelaide, Australia, 2017.
|Family and Personal Interest
Lora is married to Karlo Timenia, and they both live in Baguio City, Philippines. You can visit their blogsite: Teaching2DiscipleNations @ https://inthemillionheartsfield.wordpress.com.
[ Back To Top ]