The Mission of APTS
APTS exists to prepare ministerial leaders for the Pentecostal and Charismatic churches of the Asia Pacific region, and to serve as a resource center for assisting these churches to fulfill their biblical mandate. To this end, APTS provides advanced leadership training within the Pentecostal/Charismatic tradition and a variety of theological, educational, and ministry services that seek to develop and enhance the effectiveness of the churches and students it serves. Specialized training is offered in theology, Bible, pastoral ministry, Christian education, Bible school ministry, evangelism, and missions. An important goal of APTS is to conduct academically sound educational programs that are sensitive to the cultural issues and needs of the Asia Pacific region, while providing opportunities for students to learn through hands-on ministry experiences.
The goals of APTS are to:
- Provide an institution of learning for the Assemblies of God, while admitting non-Assemblies of God students who are in harmony with the purposes and values of the school.
- Implement a Christ-centered, biblically oriented curriculum that recognizes the Bible as the infallible and authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
- Conduct a program designed to enrich the learning experiences of all students and promote their effectiveness in ministry, including both those with a strong background in Bible and ministry and those with a secular education.
- Provide a program of studies within the Pentecostal tradition of the Assemblies of God, giving emphasis to the person and work of the Holy Spirit in life and ministry.
- Establish a curriculum designed to assist students to acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for Christian leadership and that also encourages a spirit of inquiry and develops the student’s skills in research.
- Maintain an environment, provide activities, and offer guidance conducive to the development of the spiritual life and character of students as servants of God.
- Offer specialized ministry programs of continuing education for Christian service.
- Conduct cross-cultural, missiological training in evangelism, church planting and nurturing, and community development that is consistent with a spirit of obedience to our Lord’s Great Commission “to make disciples of all people” (Matt. 18:19-20).
[ Back To Top ]
The Asia Pacific Theological Seminary (APTS) subscribes to the Statement of Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God. The full statement is found in the APTS constitution. The following is a summary.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the infallible rule of faith and conduct for all people.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to earth to rule for a thousand years.
- In the rapture of the Church at Christ's return to this earth--this is the blessed and living hope of all believers.
- "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death came through sin, and so death spread to all because all have sinned" (Rom. 5:12, NRSV).
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the cleansing power of the blood of Christ.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- By Christ's atoning death on the Cross, healing for the human body is available in answer to faith and prayer.
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4 may be received by all believers for effective life and service.
- The indwelling sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit enables the Christian to live a holy life.
- In the bodily resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting punishment.
[ Back To Top ]