About the Seminary
- Provide an institution of learning for the Assemblies of God, while admitting non-Assemblies of God students who are in harmony with the purposes and values of the school.
- Implement a Christ-centered, biblically oriented curriculum that recognizes the Bible as the infallible and authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
- Conduct a program designed to enrich the learning experiences of all students and promote their effectiveness in ministry, including both those with a strong background in Bible and ministry and those with a secular education.
- Provide a program of studies within the Pentecostal tradition of the Assemblies of God, giving emphasis to the person and work of the Holy Spirit in life and ministry.
- Establish a curriculum designed to assist students to acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for Christian leadership and that also encourages a spirit of inquiry and develops the student’s skills in research.
- Maintain an environment, provide activities, and offer guidance conducive to the development of the spiritual life and character of students as servants of God.
- Offer specialized ministry programs of continuing education for Christian service.
- Conduct cross-cultural, missiological training in evangelism, church planting and nurturing, and community development that is consistent with a spirit of obedience to our Lord’s Great Commission “to make disciples of all people” (Matt. 18:19-20)
Our Doctrinal Statement
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the infallible rule of faith and conduct for all people.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to earth to rule for a thousand years.
- All humans have sinned and the consequence of that sin is death.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the cleansing power of the blood of Christ.
- Regeneration is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- By Christ’s atoning death on the cross, healing for the human body is available in answer to faith and prayer.
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit may be received by all believers for effective life and service.
- The indwelling sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit enables the Christian to live a holy life.
- In the rapture of the Church at Christ’s return to this earth–this is the blessed and living hope of all believers.
- The bodily resurrection of the saved and the lost leads to everlasting life and to everlasting punishment, respectively.